Are you a number cruncher and financial whizz? Are you wanting to drive your career forward? If you are embarking on a career in finance and would like to earn while you learn, or if you're simply looking for a fresh challenge, read on!
Why join us?
- AAT study support
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday
- Seriously cool (like, Google cool) brand new offices
- Monday to Friday and core office hours, we can be flexible around you and your family life
- Career growth potential that will make your eyes sparkle
- Free on-site parking, excellent bus links, bike shelters and showers on site
- Free fancy coffee and all sorts of flavoured teas
- HealthShield, enhanced pension and company sick pay
- Monthly team lunches & social events (when we can!)
What will you be doing?
- Managing the day to day purchases within James and James - matching purchase orders to invoices (approx 600 a month), updating our accounting software (Xero)
- Ensuring supplier payments are made accurately and on time
- Ensuring PO processes are adhered to
- Completing statement reconciliations
- Assisting with month-end tasks such as prepayments and accruals
- Supporting the wider Finance team with their administration
What skills and experience do you need?
- Previous experience in a Purchase Ledger role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organised, efficient and a stickler for accuracy and detail!
- Great interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively with internal stakeholders
- Be a problem solver and can think on your feet to resolve issues quickly
- It would be great if you have worked with Xero, Approvalmax, Salesforce or G-Suite (but not essential)
Our hiring process
- You will find or get sent this job ad
- You will read it
- It will pique your interest and make you want to find out more
- You tell us you are interested (apply, email, inmail, DM, shout)
- We meet in some way or form, probably 2 or 3 times to make sure we know all about each other
- You join the team and tell everyone how amazing your life has become
- We celebrate because we found “the one” (insert heart eye emoji here)